Thursday, 16 April 2015

I am readathon and so can you

The next readathon is coming up on April 25, and I am going to be here and I am going to READ DURING IT.


I'm going in not expecting to make it the full 24 hours (I have a history of pooping out at hour 19), but I am totally going to make it the full 24 hours. Don't listen to parenthetical-Kayleigh. She's a doubter. 

You can sign up to read here, if you like, and you really should because LOOK LOOK LOOK:


A readalong for the best and absolute terribly worst short story of all time. (Only "worst" in that it's so scary in such a specific way that it has carved it's own horrifying burrow in my brain, from which it emerges periodically to scare me anew.) That's one way to keep us all awake.

I've got a bookpile going,


and I'm dedicating this weekend to snack-planning. I guess I'm sort of looking forward to it. 

7 comments:

  1. I AM GOING TO C2E2 THAT DAY AND DRESSING UP AS ELLIE SATTLER OR I WOULD MAYBE DO THIS BUT AS IT STANDS I CANNOT

    Also, huzzah for early feminist lit. But I am obvs more interested in your snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THERE IS ALWAYS THE MINITHON AND YAAAY SATTLER COSPLAY POST MANY PICS.

      Delete
  2. Darn, I will be in Arizona with non-reading friends and I very well can't abandon them to read (OR SHOULD I)...
    happy reading! Have fun snacking as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, that's an excellent reason to not 'thon! Happy Arizoning!

      Delete
  3. Oooo that's right, I can get a pile going this week!! MUCH EXCITE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo readathon! I am bad at doing any readathons that aren't mini-thons BUT MAYBE I WILL TRY THIS ONE

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, internets.