Saturday, 25 April 2015

Hour 1 - optimism and excitement

same

Good morning, jackets! This is readathon: hour 1 (read: it's so early I'm not entirely convinced I'm not dreaming this).

Hour 1 means completing the opening meme while the coffee brews (you're so wonderful at planning things, O readathon overlords of ours).

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Fort St. John in northeastern BC, where it's been very confused of late about the fact that it's nearly May. Stop snowing.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children during the last readathon I took part in (October 2013) and loved the socks right off of it.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? These bacon wrapped jalapeno popper things oh my gooooosh.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! My name is Kayleigh and I'm 27 and married to a wonderful guy who will be looking after our puppy today (she just got spayed yesterday). (THANKS, NEIL. You may have some of my snacks. Some of them nonotthatone.) I'm only just starting to recover from a massive reading and blogging slump and apparently I'm also really into using italics for emphasis.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I didn't participate in the last 'thon, but I have 'thonned before and my new strategy is this: naps. I'mma have them.

First step for me is audiobooking while I make a breakfast casserole thing. 'Thon on, you crazy diamonds.

10 comments:

  1. That is the best GIF ever. My pup is keeping me company while I read today. I just read Hollow City last month and I think it would make a great readathon book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you liked Hollow City! I didn't get to it - will have to today.

      Delete
  2. It snowed here in Cleveland this week and it was just wrong, wrong, wrong. Still cold, but I don't care since I'm holed up at home reading and cheering. Enjoy the reading and the snacks since they are both equally important.
    stacybuckeye from team Sherlock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - at least we don't mind being inside!

      Delete
  3. Good luck today! Enjoy your snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also been using italics for emphasis! I'm trying to cut down on capslock-yelling. It's workin' out for me, so I FULLY SUPPORT YOU DOING IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Has anyone ever been more all-consumingly pleased?

      Delete

Talk to me, internets.