Saturday, 12 October 2013

October 2013 Readathon: Hour 1



Can you feel it in the air? It's that time of year again. The time to read like maniacs and take pictures of our snacks.


It's READATHON time.

Our untiring hosts at readathon headquarters have provided us with an introductory meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Fort St. John, in northeastern BC.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? It's a toss-up between Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and Bossypants by Tina Fey. (I obviously have a soft spot for geeky and hilarious ladies.)

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Halloween candyyyy.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a proofreader/copy editor for an environmental consulting company, I'm a Hufflepuff married to a Slytherin, and I'm a Harry Potter megafan (which is to say, I am a breathing person). 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? The last readthon was my first, and I pooped out at around hour 19. This time around, I'm hoping to make it the full 24 hours. (It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, so there's lots of time for recovery.) I'm also going to allow myself to switch between books even if I haven't finished the one I'm currently reading. Also, more Twitter (both tweeting and reading), because that's just a good time.

Aaaand, go!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not readathoning this time around (the time difference is MURDER) but I am going to stop by and cheer you on.

    "Who can eat the snacks? Kayleigh can, Kayleigh can! Who can read the books? Kayleigh could, but she's busy snacking, check back later WOOOOOO!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo FANGIRLLLL! That is a perfect readathon book right there.

    Send me some of your Halloween candy? I somehow didn't stock up on many sweets... *whomp whomp*

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you read for the whole 24 hours, you will be my personal GOD. Actually, 19 hours is pretty impressive too, I think my record is, like... 17? Or something... That was a bad time, I don't like to talk about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Fangirl on my list as well, and Bossypants is FANTASTIC! Good luck today, and I'll check back in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my official time for any readathon, mini or otherwise, was about...3 hours. So you are my hero, is what I'm saying. Also, I wish I had saved Fangirl for this. It's PERFECT for binge reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try for the full 24 hours again, too. Will be interesting. Had not thought of Halloween candy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fangirl and Bossypants are both EXCELLENT readathon selections. They're both so good. I may need to add Bossypants to my list...

    Good luck making it the full 24 hours. I will be super impressed because I will be falling asleep waaaaaay before that time.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, internets.