Wednesday, 4 September 2013

The Whomps

If Winston Churchill had a "black dog," these are a black puppy. They're what Woody Allen would probably call a good day.


They're what will be referred to, herein, as the Whomps. They're not as serious as the feelings felt by Winston and Woody, they're (I'm betting) more often accompanied by internal trombone music, but they're unpleasant. They linger, and they take a thing you enjoy and make you not care about it. (I'm sorry I've been away, internet.)

The Whomps are when something in your life is making you frustrated and sad, and your Whomp-brain won't let you forget about that one thing. You'll be happily chopping things for dinner, say, when suddenly


Whomp, you remember you should be frustrated.

You'll pick up a book, but instead


Whomp, you decide infinity episodes of Community might be more your speed.

But the Whomps, like all things, will pass. One day you'll pick up that book you've been avoiding and it'll turn out to be Oryx and Crake. 

And, while you were Whomping, maybe you discovered a bountiful GIF mine.

When is that not useful?

Whomps will come and whomps will go, as will the people and things causing them, but GIFs? GIFs are forever.

10 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry you had the whomps (Because I'm making trombone music in my brain, they are mildly amusing to me, but also NO they're obviously not) BUT YAY you're back and feeling better, and, even more importantly, giffy! Because YES. (That Fight Club gif is how I feel today, in fact!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the thing, right? You know the whomps are silly as you're having them.

      GIFs are the answer to everything!

      Delete
  2. :( I'm sorry you're going through a bout of the Whomps. They suck. Infinity episodes of Community is pretty great, but the Whomps are lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whomps come for us all. But holy crap, Troy and Abed. So great.

      Delete
    2. I enjoy when your blog comes out of the whomps. They are a clingy place and they smell like old laundry.

      Delete
    3. I thought I'd seen you at the meetings.

      Delete
  3. Awwww, Whomps suck. But dude, yay for fun GIFs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAYLEIGH WE LOVE YOU AND WOULD BRING YOU SOUP IF WE LIVED NEARBY

    I know soup is more for the flu, BUT IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS.

    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND WHAT A THOUGHT IT IS. Seriously and for real and sincerely, thanks, Alice. I love you guys, too.

      Delete

Talk to me, internets.