Thursday, 20 June 2013

Harry Potter and the Best Readalong Ever


All I can think of is to post crying GIFs, but you know what? No, is what. Because this was sublime. This was one of the best things to happen to the internet. And that's saying something, because this is on the internet:


Let's take a look at things that are awesome.

First and funniest, our untiring host, Alice at Reading Rambo. Alice, you magnificent, wonderful, crazy lady. Thank you for organizing this, for bringing us all together, for picking some seriously awesome section break-ups. May your Snorsnacks always be Crumple Horned.

Second and obviously, JK Rowling, because good crap. How do you even? It's like she told a story that we already knew and loved. She reached into our kid-brains and pulled out the world we wished we lived in. She gave us Hermione, you guys. HERMIONE. The patron saint of readers.


Third, the real heroes of these books, Luna and Neville. I don't even, there's nothing I can even add to that.


Fourth and I'm starting to regret numbering these but it's too late to turn back now, the entirely new perspective on Harry Potter that this readalong has given me. Who knew. I mean, Ginny! You guys, Ginny! Hey, Ginny, I LOVE YOU.


Freaking Harry Potter. Only this series could be so ruthlessly nitpicked by a pack of internet dwellers such as us and come out the other side more beloved. Freaking Harry Potter.

Fifth, YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. I LOVE YOU GUYS. LET'S ONLY READ THINGS TOGETHER AND THEN WRITE ABOUT THEM IN ALL CAPS FROM NOW ON. 'K, YOU GUYS? 'K.

Last and most importantly, GIFs. Because how else can we express the emotions that this series inspires with the appropriate intensity?








Catch you on the flippity-flop, my dearest Flobberworms. It's been the actual best.

Also, I am posting this early because I finally got the spacing between those GIFs to work and I will be damned if I let Blogger eff it up while I'm asleep. DAMNED, I SAY.

21 comments:

  1. HOW HAVE YOU NOT POSTED DANCING PATRICK STEWART BEFORE NOW!

    That gif (+ everything else in the post) makes me really happy, which then makes me sad because the readalong is over :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. It's never the wrong time for dancing Patrick Stewart.

      Delete
    2. HOW is he so sexy. JUST HOW?

      Delete
  2. THE HAT PICTUUUUURE

    I cannot believe this has been going on since January. As I told Alley, if I hadn't been hosting, I would've dropped out in like week 6. So this is alllllllllll for the best.

    "It's like she told a story that we already knew and loved."

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Truuuuth.

    If you edit the spacing in the html format and then DON'T switch back to rich formatting, it won't change said spacing again. TOO LATE TIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know how to do that but I WILL TRY IT. THANK YOU.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST.

    I am still in denial about this readalong being over. How can it be over? Who will I talk to about how amazing Luna and Neville are? This is all so sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will simply reference it in your OTHER posts and we will co-opt your comments section to ignore the book you're actually reviewing in order to discuss Harry Potter again.

      PROBLEM SOLVED.

      Delete
    2. This. This is happening.

      Delete
  4. WHAT ARE ALL OF THESE GIFS THEY ARE AMAZING AND I MUST HAVE THEM ALLLLLLL!

    Wow, we have all shouted at you today! But this post is awesome and uses such appropriate words like sublime and also that line which Alice already quoted but which is the ACTUAL best and also THE TRUTH and yes, awesome. What are we even going to do on Fridays now?! *lost and scared face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONLY ALL CAPS CAN COMMUNICATE OUR FEEEEELINGS.

      Right? As someone else said somewhere else, what even are Fridays now. WHAT EVEN.

      Delete
  5. I am loving the explosion of random GIFs today. That Patrick Stewart one!!! Brilliant.

    I am going to miss chatting about HP with all of your faces. Not that there's anything stopping us, but it wouldn't be the same without the readalong! And AGREED, it's amazing how much we were able to nitpick and love it even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our tagline was "All the GIFs" and I do believe we have lived up to that.

      Delete
  6. Oh, your post almost made me cry! I love this and you say it all so much better than I could have, even if I had remembered to post this week.

    Hermione IS the patron saint of readers. How have I never thought of that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! So many tears during this readalong. These books will wreck you.

      Delete
  7. LUNA AND NEVILLE GODDAMMIT LUNA AND NEVILLE AND THAT IS ALL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the rest of forever, they are sitting next to each other in my imagination just like that. Sorry, Hannah Abbott...or whoever.

      Delete
  8. Yay to no crying gifs! I wanted to use one but then I was all, nah, we've done enough of that lately and I'm so glad that someone was with me on that! Also, Ginny and Neville and Luna? OBVIOUSLY the best characters. But I would totally worship Hermione, the Patron Saint of Readers. But I would NEVER burn books to her. Because, no.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have rightclicksaved all of these.

    Also I fought with blogger for approximately seventeen hours (or maybe three or four minutes) to get the spacing right between the gifs in my post and it was painful. I feel ya.

    I can't believe it's overrrrrrrr. I want to bottle these past six months and keep them on shelf so that I can relive them whenever I want...

    ... And I just realized that this is exactly what the internet does and now I feel stupid but I'm too lazy to delete half this comment. So.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You mean...I have to read books that AREN'T Harry Potter now? And I have to read them ALONE?!

    This is bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Draco Malfoy GIF from Sorcerer's Stone (or maybe Cos?) in which he looks like he's saying "This is bullshit" and I really really really wish I could post it as a response to your comment.

      But alas comments are unGIFable...

      Delete

Talk to me, internets.