Friday, 26 April 2013

The Readathon is Looming

You. Guys. Dewey's 24-hour readathon is tomorrow.


I'm so excited that I might not sleep. BUT I MUST. We on the West Coast are starting at 5 tomorrow morning, and I am determined to actually wake up and start at 5. I've decided to do separate update posts throughout the day, because Blogger gets all What Now? with the formatting when I repeatedly open up posts to edit them. 

I'm really looking forward to diving into my pile o' books (not that I'll get to all of them. But options, they're good).


From top to bottom, that's

Black Juice, by Margo Lanagan (short, fantasy-esque stories)
Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell (young-adult excellence from the author of Attachments)
We Have Always Lived in the Castle, by Shirley Jackson (for the short and scaries)
The Haunting of Hill House, by, oh, also Shirley Jackson (for the same)
Maus: I, by Art Spiegelman (classic graphic novel [comic?] that everyone has read and loved except me, but this will soon be rectified [thanks, readathon])
Moranthology, by Caitlin Moran (who I'm told is the British Bloggess and really that's all I need to know)
You Suck: A Love Story, by Christopher Moore (because I've read Bloodsucking Fiends and you can't go wrong with more Moore)
Watchmen, words by Alan Moore, illustrations by Dave Gibbons (because when you want comics for a readathon you might as well include the one people say is the best of ever)

I think I'll start with The Haunting of Hill House, because that should wake me up. Plus it's short and I'd like a feeling of accomplishment as early as possible, honestly.

What about you all? Are your plans (read: snacks) in order? What book will you read first?

9 comments:

  1. That is a great pile of books. Good luck with the read-a-thon. I am planning to start with The Invention of Hugo Cabret or first finish the book still on hand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, The Invention of Hugo Cabret sounds like a great readathon book! Good call -- and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. KAYLEIGH!!! I approve of basically all your books, and these are the ones you should definitely read (according to me):
    Moranthology because CAITLINNNNNN! I love her.
    Eleanor and Park because that's probably what I'm going to be reading.
    Maus because OMG SO GOOD. Just... Be prepared to potentially cry. Although if you only have the first part then maaaaybe not. But maybe.
    The Haunting of Hill House because I totally read it for the last readathon! It's a very very good readathon book!

    Ok, I'm done being excited now. UNTIL TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I am excited for all these things. I'mma set the bar low and hope I can finish two books + Maus (I figure that's got to be fast). And everyone has read The Haunting of Hill House for a readathon, so I think that should go well.

      ALL THE EXCITEMENT.

      Delete
    2. I reckon you can DEFINITELY do that, and waaaay more! I think my record is 4 books, with the 5th one started... But those were pretty short books, I have to admit.

      Delete
  3. Your pile of books is AMAZING!!!

    I won't be readathoning because of...stuff or something. Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to read them alllll. I hope I can get to a bunch of them. "Stuff or something" is a totally valid excuse to not readathon, by the by.

      Delete
  4. Oooo!!! Maus! And You Suck! And Eleanor & Park! SUCH GOOD PICKS. I'm so excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have a nice pile of books to get through. I loved Watchmen (the movie) and You Suck is sooo funny :)

    Good luck and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, internets.