I'm watching A Very Potter Sequel on YouTube right now, so I came into this week's reading with Joe Walker's Umbridge in my head.
Book Umbridge could hardly get my rage cauldron boiling if I've cast her as hilarious internet Umbridge. But then, of course, five pages into chapter 21, Umbridge "hem hem"s her way through Hagrid's class and I'm shaking my fist at the heavens, back to my murdery old self. So much for that coping mechanism.
A Britishism question for you all (Laura) from page 399: what, exactly, is it to be at "loggerheads" with someone? I do not know this saying. (I'm guessing it's effectively "butting heads.")
Bullet points? Bullet points.
- pg 400: Harry is worried about Sirius being alone at Christmas, which is probably why I never got too irreversibly upset at Sirius over whole "James" comment: Harry keeps a'loving him and, dangit, I do too.
- pg 416: Dumbledore says, cryptically, "But in essence divided?" I think this is when he realizes that Harry's and Voldemort's soulsorwhatever are bound, but separate. Voldemort is not actively possessing Harry all the live long day. Yes?
- pg 441-442: Ginny reminds Harry (and us, dear readers) that she's a freaking badass.
"I forgot," he said.
"Lucky you," said Ginny cooly.
We love you, Ginny. Forget Harry.
- pg 444: Percy is so horrible that I actually can't handle it. Returning your Christmas jumper with no note just days after your father was attacked and nearly killed?!
- pg 450: This calls for comic relief! Sweet, crazy Lockhart had me loling and all was right with the world again.
- pg 455: LOLJK actually everything's horribly tragic and we meet Neville's parents and his mom gives him a wrapper because IT'S ALL SHE HAS TO GIVE and he keeps it and will likely treasure it always.
- And then Dumbledore leaves Hogwarts in a pleasingly badass manner and somewhere in there we see James and Sirius as horrifying teenagers and I just wish Harry would talk to Snape about it. "My dad was an asshat. I am not my dad."
- Fred and George close out the section for us with the best exit in the history of exits.
|Did we all use this GIF this week? Yes, right?|
Alright! Good luck with next week's section! See you next Friday; I'll be the one with the rent garments.