Friday, 8 March 2013

HP Friday: The Flobberworms Return


Happy Harry Potter Friday, lady blogger friends.

This section sees our favourite Care of Magical Creatures test subjects return with a toothy vengeance. If only it were true. As it stands,

Curse you, Malfoy!

Also, I am majorly disappointed in myself.

More disappointed than when I spill my bowl
snack. CAN NO ONE HELP ME?!

Movie events had overruled book events in my mind yet again, and I was asTONished when Dobby, not Neville, presented Harry with Gillyweed. Clearly I need to read these books more often. This readalong may have to be a yearly thing. (THINK OF ALL THE GIFS!)

Anyway, I love how Dobby gives Harry the Gillyweed, and I love that he calls Ron Harry's Wheezy. I'm glad he bought Dobby so many socks to thank him, because Harry seemed entirely ungrateful in that scene (he was a bit distracted, I suppose). Also, O my readalongers with memories that extend further than last night's dinner, what's with this, on pg 426:
He couldn't quite forget that the last time Dobby had tried to 'help' him, he had ended up with no bones in his right arm.
Was that not due to a certain other fellow?


Or does he mean that it sort of all started with Dobby? Which, no, I don't think it did. Our sock enthusiast has nothing to do with Lockhart's ineptitude (his lovable, hilarious ineptitude). 

Finally,
'Igor,' Dumbledore began, but Karkaroff had drawn himself up, clutching his furs around him, looking livid.

Ah, yes. So good. The man needs some pearls to clutch with those furs.

See you next week, when things get really real. For real.

17 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly what it is, but that Party Hard image is cracking me up. Just look at them in their fancy robes.

    Well Harry ending up with no bones is SORTA Dobby's fault. Cos had Dobby not sent the bludger after him to SERIOUSLY INJURE HIM he wouldn't have broken his arm and then Goldie-pants wouldn't have had a chance to take all the bones out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the bludger. OK, I'm cool with that then.

      They are so FANCY in their fancy robes!

      Delete
  2. I was confused when Dobby gave Harry the gillyweed too. I was like "But waaaaaait I thought that was Neville!" I mean, it made sense that way. How the heck does Dobby know about gillyweed?

    Harry loves his Wheezy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't Dobby overhear some of the teachers talking about it? I'm pretty sure he did. How would Neville know about it?!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Dobby overheard Moody having a very *subtle* conversation about the second task with McGonagall. In the movie, Moody tells Neville about gillyweed when he takes him aside after the unforgivable curses lesson.

      Delete
    3. In the movie, I thought it was that book that Moody gave to Neville about magical plants, because he know that he liked Herbology? I remember thinking that that was really clever.

      Delete
  3. The bones thing is TOTALLY Dobby's fault. I came around on Dobby but a lot of the bad stuff that happens to poor Harry in Book 2 is because Dobby's being a hindrance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had maybe forgotten about the enchanted bludger a little bit. Hard to defend that one.

      Delete
  4. The arm bone thing was DEFINITELY Dobby's fault! For he set up the rogue bludger that knocked Harry off the broom that meant his arm was broken, and OF COURSE Lockhart the wonderful was going to mess up fixing it!

    Ahem. But OMFG, Neville gives Harry the gillyweed in the movie? See, this is why I don't watch the bloody movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much is different, Laura!! It's crazy. Guess what else? (MOVIE SPOILER) In the movie, when Karkaroff gives the Ministry evidence on other Death Eaters to lessen his sentence, he says that Barty Crouch Jr is the one who tortured the Longbottoms with the Cruciatus curse!! That's Bellatrix in the books, right?

      Delete
  5. "lady blogger friends" - Ohh yeah, we're all ladies. Hm.

    SOME people have not read the first comment ascribing the blame to Dobby, but some OTHER people (me. i did.) did in fact do this and THEREFORE I shall not add to their number. Because you are probably feeling yelled at.

    Those Eastern Europeans and their furs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know -- we need to find some mens and get their opinions on this shit. Like how Sirius is awesome BUT ANYWAY...

      Delete
  6. You know, Ron was so upset about his outfit to the ball/bring poor but that outfit up there tells me he was ahead of the curve. Hipsters would KILL for that get up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? With a little attitude and some Buddy Holly glasses he could've been the bell of the ball

      Delete
  7. Well, Dobby WAS the one who set a bludger to destroy Harry, which is WHY Lockhart decided to practice "first aid" in the first place...so yeah, I think I'd blame that on Dobby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHY does Ron always look like he has a chew in his lip? He reminds me of Steve Reeves from high school. Gross.

    That spilling the snacks GIF? I have not done that but I have friends who have. It's only funny when it's not you. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harry seems entirely ungrateful about a lot of things.

    INFOMERCIAL GIFS!

    DRAMATIC TROY BARNES!

    The end.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, internets.